MegaChips to Demonstrate IP Video over Coax (VoC) Products at ISC West 2015
VoC products ease migration from analog to IP cameras using existing coaxial cable for the security and surveillance markets
San Jose, Calif., – April 13, 2015 – MegaChips Corporation today announced it will demonstrate IP Video VoC products at ISC West 2015, the largest security trade show in the U.S, in Las Vegas, April 15-17, at booth #4135. MegaChip’s VoC products help device and camera makers in the security and surveillance industry simplify the transition to IP cameras from older generation analog cameras by enabling the reuse of existing coax cabling for the transmission of multiple HD streams. Available today, these products allow up to 20 IP cameras to be installed on a single cable with transmission distances of up to 2Km.
“The transition from analog to digital video is occurring worldwide, but removing the old coax cable and replacing it with Ethernet cable with its 100m distance limitation has been problematic,” said Koichi Akeyama, President of MegaChips Technology America Corporation. “Our VoC products address this challenge by reusing the existing coax cables so no new cables need to be run, greatly simplifying the installation while reducing the cost and time associated with the transition for our customers.”
In addition to VoC, MegaChips customers have used its technology to develop several families of products, which will also be demonstrated at ISC West:
- Power over Coax (PoC) provides power over the coax cable for all cameras as well as other devices
- Both PoC and Power over Ethernet (PoE) together to power PoE cameras directly
- Support for one analog camera and several IP cameras over the same coax cable
- The high bandwidth of the VoC technology enables multiple HD streams to be transmitted over the cable and offers support for 20 IP cameras depending on resolution and distance
- Installation is simple and cameras can easily be dynamically added or removed without affecting the rest of the system
- There is no need to provide additional power to the cameras so no external power supply is required for up to 40 Watts of power at 500M
- Evaluation boards, reference design, software development kits (SDK) and hardware development kits (HDK) are available to speed up the development of VoC/PoC (Power over Coax)
- Applications in security and surveillance and bus/train entertainment/information systems
MegaChips Corporation (1st section of the TSE (Tokyo Stock Exchange): 6875) was established in 1990 as an innovative fabless company dedicated to ASICs and system LSIs with the goal of integrating LSIs and systems knowledge and solutions. Its focus is on the development of cutting-edge system LSIs and systems products incorporating original algorithms and architecture in the areas of imaging, audio, and telecommunications, and using the advances it achieves to offer outstanding products and solutions that meet the needs of its clients. For additional information, please visit:http://www.megachips.co.jp/english/index.html.
About MegaChips Technology America Corporation (“MegaChips America”)
MegaChips America is a wholly owned subsidiary of MegaChips Corporation headquartered in Osaka, Japan. MegaChips and MegaChips America are fabless LSI companies, focused on the development of system LSIs and system products that incorporate original algorithms and architecture. Customers use MegaChips solutions for their office automation, networking and storage needs in a wide range of areas, including imaging, audio, home networking, security and communications environments. MegaChips America is headquartered in San Jose, California, with design centers at Osaka, Tokyo and Chiba in Japan and Bangalore in India of MegaChips Corporation. For more information, contact the company at 408-570-0555, or visithttp://www.megachips.us.
Press Contact (MegaChips Technology America Corporation):
Slider & Associates
+1 (408) 458-6316