(Job ID: mca 1-190630)
Contribute to the front end phases of technology and product development. Work closely with Design and Architecture teams to bring-up complex Audio/Video SoCs in a real consumer application environment. Provide timely design-in support to tier-1 customers. Specific focus on DisplayPort, HDMI and high speed serializer / deserializer products.
The position is located in San Jose, California.
Job responsibilities will include initial SoC silicon bring-up, detailed system level validation, characterization, certification, interoperability testing and customer design-in support.
The owner of the position is expected to:
- Develop and execute validation, characterization and system interoperability test plans
- Develop automated silicon and software validation, characterization and interoperability test environments.
- Communicate various test results to internal teams and key customers
- Interact with cross-functional teams for product specification, design, test, product and customer marketing related matters
- Understand thoroughly the product application firmware architecture and contribute in development if necessary, C language skills required.
- Be familiar with debug of complex system issues
- In-depth understanding of Analog and Digital design fundamentals
- Hands-on system level knowledge of at least one of the interfaces (e.g. PCIe, USB, SATA, HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, DVI, LVDS, I2C)
- Hands-on experience with Lab Equipment such as High speed stressed signal generators, real time scopes and logic/protocol analyzers
Some experience in C/C++ and script language (e.g. Python) based software development
- Software or Systems Quality Assurance
- Some Silicon / system bring-up and validation experience
- Able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship (no visa sponsorship)
Nice to Have:
- Some understanding of embedded system architecture and design
- Some direct customer design-in support experience
- Good teamwork, leadership and analytical skills
- Minimum 2-5 year experience in embedded systems development and validation
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- Submit resume and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org