Silicon PHY Characterization Engineer
(Job ID: mca 3-190630)
Seeking a Silicon validation candidate specializing in SerDes PHY characterization including process, voltage and temperature variation.
- Lead as an expert on SerDes PHY characterization as a part of Silicon validation for newly developed products
- Read the relevant industrial specs such as DisplayPort or USB.
- Completely understand PHY requirements such as jitter tolerance or jitter transfer.
- Make a characterization plan.
- Select the proper measurement methodology.
- Write python script to control DUT and test equipment.
- Establish the automated measurement system.
- Run the automated test system.
- Review the results, locate the suspicious behavior of DUT and discuss the result with the design engineers.
- Finalize and release the characterization report including the measurement methodology, results and comments.
- Maintain test equipment in lab
- Provide technical support to a customer, marketing team FAE team and system engineering team
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience of stressed eye calibration for jitter tolerance testing for more than 8Gbps.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience of jitter analyzer and S-parameter de-embedding tool of high speed oscilloscope
- Hands-on experience of writing python script from scratch, which enables the automated measurement by controlling the test instruments.
- Familiar with general SerDes circuit technology including the block level circuit and the signal integrity
- The basic understanding of CDR and CTLE/DFE
- Able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship (no visa sponsorship)
3+ years of experience
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- Submit resume and credentials to email@example.com